RESOURCE OF THE DAY:
Now this one is for all you Grown Ups out there… THE MAGNIFICAT – a monthly liturgical prayer book (www.magnificat.com)
This is their little blurb:
- Beautiful prayers for both morning and evening, drawn from the treasures of the Liturgy of the Hours,
- The official texts of the daily Mass,
- Meditations written by the renowned Fathers of the Church, and a great variety of spiritual writings,
- Essays on the lives of the saints of today and the past.
- In each Magnificat, you will also find an article giving valuable spiritual insight, into a masterpiece of sacred art.
Ok and my little blurb:
This magazine is a treasure!! I had ooohed and aaaahhhed over my mum’s copies for some time… the beautiful fine art covers, the wonderfully written editorials, the daily meditations and the highlight for me… daily liturgical scripture! The wisdom of the Church and it’s cycle of readings never ceases to place me in awe and wonder, as God speaks through the selected readings as if they were specifically chosen for me! The short morning prayer and evening prayer fit so beautifully into my day and I hear often throughout my day that gentle voice of the Word made flesh…. “Come to me all who are thirsty”…. and I sneak a few moments drinking in the scriptures for the day or being inspired by holy men and women who have gone before me.
These are not cheap but then you are holding in your hand a complete miniature missal every month and the fruit sure outways the cost!!!
I encourage anyone looking for a solid and uplifting foundation of daily prayer to go to the Magnificat website I listed above and take a look!